The Canada Line turns one year old today! On August 17th, 2009, Vancouver, Richmond and the Vancouver International Airport all became linked together with rapid transit.
Since it opened, the Canada Line has transported some 36 million passengers between the two cities. During the 2010 Winter Olympic Games, 3.88 million passengers rode the system between February 12th and 28th.
Ridership numbers on the rapid transit line average close to 95,000 per day.
Tagsbirthdays, Canada Line, rapid transit, Richmond, TransLink, Vancouver, YVR
- New SkyTrain cars coming in the next two years
- Olympic cauldron to be lit for Winter Olympics on February 8
- British Columbia anime conventions for 2018
- Vancouver added as stop on Final Fantasy concert 2018 tour
- Festival of Lights returns to VanDusen Botanical Gardens for 2017
One Response to Happy Birthday Canada Line!
Leave a Reply
You may leave a comment to this article. Comments will be removed if they are deemed inappropriate, offensive, or abusive as per the comment policy.