The Canada Line turns one year old today! On August 17th, 2009, Vancouver, Richmond and the Vancouver International Airport all became linked together with rapid transit.
Since it opened, the Canada Line has transported some 36 million passengers between the two cities. During the 2010 Winter Olympic Games, 3.88 million passengers rode the system between February 12th and 28th.
Ridership numbers on the rapid transit line average close to 95,000 per day.
Tagsbirthdays, Canada Line, rapid transit, Richmond, TransLink, Vancouver, YVR
- Sakura Days Japan Fair 2016 photos
- Honda Celebration of Light countries announced for 2016
- Creatures of Stanley Park part 3
- Sakura Days Japan Festival brings festival fun to VanDusen Botanical Gardens April 2016
- Vancouver purchases Arbutus railway line for $55 million
One Response to Happy Birthday Canada Line!
Leave a Reply
You may leave a comment to this article. Comments will be removed if they are deemed inappropriate, offensive, or abusive as per the comment policy.