We’re all aware of destruction that has left the north-eastern portion of Japan in utter ruins. Thousands have perished, many more missing and millions without water or electricity.
There are ways you can help; both the Canadian Red Cross and American Red Cross, along with Doctors Without Borders in Canada and the United States are accepting donations as are many other local charitable organizations.
Have family or friends in Japan? The Google Person Finder can help you locate loved ones.
The Anime News Network is also publishing a list of manga artists and other members of the anime inustry who have checked in after the disaster. Various artists are also working on a collaborative doujinshi with profits going toward relief efforts.
Tagsanime, Canadian Red Cross, Doctors Without Borders, donation, Earthquake, help, Japan, Manga
- Arby’s advertising wins over anime and gaming fans with their marketing
- Third season of My Hero Academia approved
- Four Yuri!!! on Ice Pop! vinyl figures to arrive in October
- Canada showcased in anime short by staff who worked on film Your Name
- Helping those in Texas affected by Hurricane Harvey
Leave a Reply
You may leave a comment to this article. Comments will be removed if they are deemed inappropriate, offensive, or abusive as per the comment policy.