If you’ve longed for the days of classic gaming without the fancy graphics or gimmicky accessories, you’re in for a treat. Nintendo is bringing back the NES console, this time in a convenient compact format with 30 classic titles included in the Nintendo Entertainment System: NES Classic Edition.
No more blowing on the cartridges to get them to work anymore (even though that practice has been debunked), this miniature replica holds 30 games and connects to your television with an included HDMI cable. A power adapter and one retro-looking NES Classic Controller are also packaged together with the console, and all for the suggested retail price of $59.99. For those two player titles, a second controller is available separately at $9.99. Even better, the Classic Controller and Classic Controller Pro are compatible.
The titles loaded into the Nintendo Entertainment System: NES Classic Edition are:
- Balloon Fight™
- BUBBLE BOBBLE
- Castlevania II: Simon’s Quest™
- Donkey Kong™
- Donkey Kong Jr.™
- DOUBLE DRAGON II: THE REVENGE
- Dr. Mario™
- FINAL FANTASY®
- GHOSTS’N GOBLINS®
- Ice Climber™
- Kid Icarus™
- Kirby’s Adventure™
- Mario Bros.™
- MEGA MAN® 2
- NINJA GAIDEN
- Punch-Out!!™ Featuring Mr. Dream
- SUPER C™
- Super Mario Bros.™
- Super Mario Bros.™ 2
- Super Mario Bros.™ 3
- TECMO BOWL
- The Legend of Zelda™
- Zelda II: The Adventure of Link™
Saving your games used to be tough, but with the new check-point feature, you can save your progress and return later to pick up where you left off.
The Nintendo Entertainment System: NES Classic Edition goes on sale Friday, November 11th, 2016.
Tags2016, Gaming, Nintendo, Nintendo Entertainment System, Nintendo Entertainment System: NES Classic Edition, retro gaming, video game
- Nintendo Direct on Sept 6, 2018 for new Switch and 3DS titles
- Chrom, Dark Samus, King K. Rool, Simon Belmont and Richter Belmont join Super Smash Bros. roster
- Well I’ll be go to hell, an Uncharted fan film
- Relive the classics with the Vancouver Retro Gaming Expo this weekend
- Game-themed restaurant and bar EXP to close at end of June
Leave a Reply
You may leave a comment to this article. Comments will be removed if they are deemed inappropriate, offensive, or abusive as per the comment policy.