It’s a new year and fans of Japanese culture in British Columbia have a choice of conventions to choose for 2017. While there’s plenty of events in and around Metro Vancouver, the rest of the province still has a few places for fans to band together for fun on the island and interior.
For more information, lists of guests and to register, visit the links below to use each event’s web site.
- AniRevo Winter February 12th – 13th, 2017 at the Art Institute of Vancouver in Vancouver, BC
A two-day event of anime, manga, cosplay and panels, with plans to expand in the future to a full three-day convention
- Tsukino-Con February 17th – 19th, 2017 at the University of Victoria in Victoria, BC
Tsukino-Con celebrates everything anime and manga related for fans on Vancouver Island in a fun and friendly environment.
- Harumatsuri March 18th, 2017 at the Nikkei National Museum and Cultural Centre, Burnaby, BC
Anime Evolution is holding a one-day event at the Nikkei National Museum and Cultural Centre in the format of a traditional Japanese festival, the matsuri.
- Kelowna Fan Xpo March 24th – 25th, 2017 at the Kelowna Community Theatre in Kelowna, BC
There’s something for everyone at the Kelowna Fan Xpo who are into anime, manga, comics, sci-fi, movies, gaming and horror.
- AniRevo Summer August 4th – 6th, 2017 at the Vancouver Convention Centre in Vancouver, BC
AniRevo his quickly expanded to become Metro Vancouver’s largest Japanese pop culture festival with guests from North America and Asia, vendors, panels and more.
- Vancouver Halloween Parade & Expo October 12th – 15th, 2017 at UBC Robson Square in Vancouver, BC
Don your favourite outfit and join the “world’s largest cosplay stage” as you parade through Vancouver’s downtown core! There’s more than just a parade with guests, panels, and musical performances.
- Fan Expo Vancouver November 10th – 12th, 2017 at the Vancouver Convention Centre in Vancouver, BC
Fan Expo Vancouver is a massive gathering that combines everything to do with comics, anime, gaming, movie and pop culture into one action-packed long weekend.