After a long, cold and snowy winter, the bright pink blossoms of spring are just around the corner with the Sakura Days Japan Festival. Returning to VanDusen Botanical Gardens, this two-event celebrates everything Japanese in a fun festival atmosphere.
Spend the weekend with Japanese culture through live performances, music, food, arts, demonstrations and crafts and more under the pastel sakura — the Japanese cherry blossom. The gardens host this celebration from 11:00 am PDT to 7:00 pm PDT on Saturday, April 8th and from 11:00 am PDT to 5:00 pm PDT Sunday, April 9th, 2017.
As the festival takes place in the outdoors, bring appropriate attire as it may be raining. Parking is limited, so save the hassle and take transit (either the #17 bus, or walk from the Oakridge-41st Avenue Canada Line Station west along 41st Avenue, and then north along Oak Street) to reach VanDusen Botanical Gardens (about a 15-20 minute stroll).
Paid admission is required and tickets are available for purchase online.
Tags2017, culture, Festival, Japan, Sakura Days Japan Fair, spring, Vancouver, VanDusen Botanical Gardens
- Game-themed restaurant and bar EXP to close at end of June
- Celebrate Latin American culture with the tenth year of Carnaval del Sol
- Titanic exhibit to make stop in Richmond for 2018
- Downtown Vancouver’s Canada Day Parade cancelled for 2018
- Granville Station elevator repairs takes part of station out of service for 2 years
Leave a Reply
You may leave a comment to this article. Comments will be removed if they are deemed inappropriate, offensive, or abusive as per the comment policy.