Following one of the Vancouver Canucks’ worst seasons, the team announced this morning that Willie Desjardins would no longer be coaching the team. Also let go were assistant coaches Doug Lidster and Perry Pearn.
General Manager Jim Benning made the statement, adding that “…we felt this change was necessary as we continue to develop a young team and look ahead to the future.”
Desjardins joined the Canucks as head coach in 2014.
The Vancouver Canucks finished 29th in the 2016-17 season with 30 wins, 43 losses and 9 overtime losses for 69 points.
Tags2017, coach, Doug Lidster, Hockey, Jim Benning, NHL, Perry Pearn, Vancouver Canucks, Willie Desjardins
- Sedin twins to retire from NHL at end of 2017-18 season
- Brock Boeser out 4-6 weeks from back injury
- Festival of Lights returns to VanDusen Botanical Gardens for 2017
- Zelda symphony invades Vancouver like horde of Moblins
- Surrey Tree Lighting Festival for 2017 this Saturday
Leave a Reply
You may leave a comment to this article. Comments will be removed if they are deemed inappropriate, offensive, or abusive as per the comment policy.