The beating of drums. The cheering crowd. The detailed dragon-head prows. These are all part of the Concord Pacific Vancouver Dragon Boat Festival, which takes over False Creek Friday, June 23rd through Sunday, June 25th, 2017.
But there’s much more than just watching the boats glide up and down the eastern end of False Creek. Live music with local bands, food trucks, a beer garden and vendors selling wares related to boating and fashion will line the seawall.
So come on down, rain or shine, and support your favourite team this weekend; and best of all, it’s free to attend! The easiest way of getting to the Concord Pacific Vancouver Dragon Boat Festival is with transit — the Main Street-Science World SkyTrain station is just a quick five-minute walk away.
Tags2017, Concord Pacific Vancouver Dragon Boat Festival, Dragon Boat, False Creek, Local, Vancouver
- Olympic cauldron to be lit for Winter Olympics on February 8
- British Columbia anime conventions for 2018
- Vancouver added as stop on Final Fantasy concert 2018 tour
- Festival of Lights returns to VanDusen Botanical Gardens for 2017
- Zelda symphony invades Vancouver like horde of Moblins
Leave a Reply
You may leave a comment to this article. Comments will be removed if they are deemed inappropriate, offensive, or abusive as per the comment policy.