The beating of drums. The cheering crowd. The detailed dragon-head prows. These are all part of the Concord Pacific Vancouver Dragon Boat Festival, which takes over False Creek Friday, June 23rd through Sunday, June 25th, 2017.
But there’s much more than just watching the boats glide up and down the eastern end of False Creek. Live music with local bands, food trucks, a beer garden and vendors selling wares related to boating and fashion will line the seawall.
So come on down, rain or shine, and support your favourite team this weekend; and best of all, it’s free to attend! The easiest way of getting to the Concord Pacific Vancouver Dragon Boat Festival is with transit — the Main Street-Science World SkyTrain station is just a quick five-minute walk away.
Tags2017, Concord Pacific Vancouver Dragon Boat Festival, Dragon Boat, False Creek, Local, Vancouver
- Photos from Carnaval del Sol 2018
- Canada Day events for 2018
- Relive the classics with the Vancouver Retro Gaming Expo this weekend
- Game-themed restaurant and bar EXP to close at end of June
- Celebrate Latin American culture with the tenth year of Carnaval del Sol
Leave a Reply
You may leave a comment to this article. Comments will be removed if they are deemed inappropriate, offensive, or abusive as per the comment policy.