Japan was the first country to perform for the 2017 Honda Celebration of Light over Vancouver’s English Bay. As part of Canada 150, all participating countries were asked to include a Canadian song — Japan chose Halleluja by Leonard Cohen as their opening song.
If the high tide, crowds or glaring sunshine kept you away from English Bay, you can check out out some of the sweet shots from their show on Gallery.
The United Kingdom is up next on Wednesday, August 2nd followed by Canada on Saturday, August 5th. Fireworks start promptly at 10 pm.
Tags2017, fireworks, Honda Celebration of Light, Japan, photos, Vancouver
- Third season of My Hero Academia approved
- Live-action Tokyo Ghoul movie comes to Canada
- UBC Apple Festival returns for 26th year this October
- Four Yuri!!! on Ice Pop! vinyl figures to arrive in October
- Canada showcased in anime short by staff who worked on film Your Name
Leave a Reply
You may leave a comment to this article. Comments will be removed if they are deemed inappropriate, offensive, or abusive as per the comment policy.