Japan was the first country to perform for the 2017 Honda Celebration of Light over Vancouver’s English Bay. As part of Canada 150, all participating countries were asked to include a Canadian song — Japan chose Halleluja by Leonard Cohen as their opening song.
If the high tide, crowds or glaring sunshine kept you away from English Bay, you can check out out some of the sweet shots from their show on Gallery.
The United Kingdom is up next on Wednesday, August 2nd followed by Canada on Saturday, August 5th. Fireworks start promptly at 10 pm.
Tags2017, fireworks, Honda Celebration of Light, Japan, photos, Vancouver
- Cosplay from Anime Revolution 2017
- Canada Day 2017 parade photos
- Canada Day events for 2017
- Nintendo unveils Super NES Classic Edition console
- Dragon Boat Festival returns to False Creek for three days June 2017
Leave a Reply
You may leave a comment to this article. Comments will be removed if they are deemed inappropriate, offensive, or abusive as per the comment policy.