Japan was the first country to perform for the 2017 Honda Celebration of Light over Vancouver’s English Bay. As part of Canada 150, all participating countries were asked to include a Canadian song — Japan chose Halleluja by Leonard Cohen as their opening song.
If the high tide, crowds or glaring sunshine kept you away from English Bay, you can check out out some of the sweet shots from their show on Gallery.
The United Kingdom is up next on Wednesday, August 2nd followed by Canada on Saturday, August 5th. Fireworks start promptly at 10 pm.
Tags2017, fireworks, Honda Celebration of Light, Japan, photos, Vancouver
- Photos from Carnaval del Sol 2018
- Canada Day events for 2018
- Game-themed restaurant and bar EXP to close at end of June
- Celebrate Latin American culture with the tenth year of Carnaval del Sol
- Downtown Vancouver’s Canada Day Parade cancelled for 2018
Leave a Reply
You may leave a comment to this article. Comments will be removed if they are deemed inappropriate, offensive, or abusive as per the comment policy.