Japan was the first country to perform for the 2017 Honda Celebration of Light over Vancouver’s English Bay. As part of Canada 150, all participating countries were asked to include a Canadian song — Japan chose Halleluja by Leonard Cohen as their opening song.
If the high tide, crowds or glaring sunshine kept you away from English Bay, you can check out out some of the sweet shots from their show on Gallery.
The United Kingdom is up next on Wednesday, August 2nd followed by Canada on Saturday, August 5th. Fireworks start promptly at 10 pm.
Tags2017, fireworks, Honda Celebration of Light, Japan, photos, Vancouver
- Vancouver added as stop on Final Fantasy concert 2018 tour
- Festival of Lights returns to VanDusen Botanical Gardens for 2017
- Zelda symphony invades Vancouver like horde of Moblins
- Surrey Tree Lighting Festival for 2017 this Saturday
- Free! to return with new anime in 2018
Leave a Reply
You may leave a comment to this article. Comments will be removed if they are deemed inappropriate, offensive, or abusive as per the comment policy.