At Disney’s D23 event this afternoon, Square Enix director Tetsuya Nomura announced that Kingdom Hearts III would be launching in 2018 and presented a trailer detailing a new world in the game based on Disney Pixar’s Toy Story franchise.
Protagonists Sora, Donald and Goofy, transform into action figures as they enter Andy’s bedroom. Upon learning from the other toys that Andy’s disappeared, they must join forces with Woody, Buzz Lightyear, Rex, Hamm and Sarge as they fight off the Heartless in the long journey to the Galaxy Toys store.
Sora gains new abilities in the Toy Story world. Woody and Buzz can lend Sora their strength to create a giant mallet and strike multiple Heartless at once. Once in the store, he can also take control of large toy robots and use them to battle other larger toys, utilizing their large cannon arms.
Kingdom Hearts III will be available on the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One sometime in 2018.
Source: Square Enix
TagsD23 Expo, Disney, Gaming, Kingdom Hearts III, Square-Enix, Tetsuya Nomura, Toy Story, video, video game
- Kingdom Hearts III theme song “Don’t Think Twice” available for purchase on iTunes
- Relive the classics with the Vancouver Retro Gaming Expo this weekend
- Game-themed restaurant and bar EXP to close at end of June
- Nintendo Direct for E3 2018 announces new games for Switch in 2018-19
- The battle continues with Super Smash Bros. Ultimate with massive playable roster
Leave a Reply
You may leave a comment to this article. Comments will be removed if they are deemed inappropriate, offensive, or abusive as per the comment policy.