If you’ve ever wondered what Canada would like if it were made into an anime, this would be it. The production staff behind the animated film Your Name created a 30 second short of winter in Canada for a promotional tourism campaign in Japan (in Japanese).
The video includes scenes in the Rocky Mountains at Jasper National Park and Banff National Park, two locations in Vancouver: Granville Island Public Market and the Drop sculpture at the Vancouver Convention Centre, Niagara Falls, along with another two stops in Toronto at Nathan Phillips Square and Toronto Harbour. If you look closely, you can see the signs for JJ Bean and Duso’s Italia in the Granville Island scene; a testament to the artistic detail that went into this video.
The contest is only open to Japanese citizens and closes Thursday, November 30th, 2017.
Source: あったかい、冬カナダ | カナダシアター
Tags2017, anime, Banff National Park, Canada, Japan, Jasper National Park, Niagara Falls, Toronto, Vancouver, video
- Olympic Cauldron re-lit for end of 2018 Paralympic Winter Games
- Super Smash Bros. coming to Switch in 2018
- Nintendo to hold Nintendo Direct for 2018 3DS and Switch games
- Yu-Gi-Oh! The Movie comes to Canadian theatres for one day only
- KH3 trailers at D23 showcases new worlds, new song from Utada Hikaru
Leave a Reply
You may leave a comment to this article. Comments will be removed if they are deemed inappropriate, offensive, or abusive as per the comment policy.