On Saturday, September 16th, 2017, Robson Square in Downtown Vancouver (between the Vancouver Art Gallery and Law Courts) will host Market Mexico in celebration of the North American nation’s day of independence, which coincidentally, is the same day.
From 11:30 am until 12:00 midnight, stalls selling all sorts of traditional Mexican fare including tacos, tortas, elotes, pan dulce and churros. In addition to these tasty treats, cultural handicrafts and artwork will also be for sale. Live music and films will offer entertainment during the event, with the Grito being performed at 6:00 pm by the Mexican Consul General Berenice Diaz-Ceballos.
Market Mexico is a free event, on the ice rink level at 800 Robson Street.
Tags2017, culture, Fiesta Mexicana, Local, Market Mexico, Mexico, Vancouver
- Live-action Tokyo Ghoul movie comes to Canada
- UBC Apple Festival returns for 26th year this October
- Four Yuri!!! on Ice Pop! vinyl figures to arrive in October
- Canada showcased in anime short by staff who worked on film Your Name
- Riding the bus in Matamoros
Leave a Reply
You may leave a comment to this article. Comments will be removed if they are deemed inappropriate, offensive, or abusive as per the comment policy.