On Saturday, September 16th, 2017, Robson Square in Downtown Vancouver (between the Vancouver Art Gallery and Law Courts) will host Market Mexico in celebration of the North American nation’s day of independence, which coincidentally, is the same day.
From 11:30 am until 12:00 midnight, stalls selling all sorts of traditional Mexican fare including tacos, tortas, elotes, pan dulce and churros. In addition to these tasty treats, cultural handicrafts and artwork will also be for sale. Live music and films will offer entertainment during the event, with the Grito being performed at 6:00 pm by the Mexican Consul General Berenice Diaz-Ceballos.
Market Mexico is a free event, on the ice rink level at 800 Robson Street.
Tags2017, culture, Fiesta Mexicana, Local, Market Mexico, Mexico, Vancouver
- Photos from Carnaval del Sol 2018
- Canada Day events for 2018
- Relive the classics with the Vancouver Retro Gaming Expo this weekend
- Game-themed restaurant and bar EXP to close at end of June
- Celebrate Latin American culture with the tenth year of Carnaval del Sol
Leave a Reply
You may leave a comment to this article. Comments will be removed if they are deemed inappropriate, offensive, or abusive as per the comment policy.