The annual tradition of illuminating Surrey’s largest Christmas tree returns Saturday, November 25th, 2017 at Surrey City Hall Plaza.
Enjoy live music, food trucks, a holiday market, fair rides and even a zip-line at this family-friendly event. Performances from over 20 different artists including Juno-winning artist Ruth B., alternative rock band Daysormay, and jazz-soul artist Krystle Dos Santos will take the stage next to choirs and other local acts. Of course, Santa and Mrs. Claus will be on hand with the city’s mayor and council to partake in the entertainment.
There’s no admission to watch the 55 foot (16.7 metre) tall tree when it’s lit at 6:30 pm. The Surrey Tree Lighting Festival begins at 12:00 noon and ends at 7:00 pm. Take transit for easy access to the venue, which is a short walk from the Surrey Central Expo Line station.
Tags2017, Christmas, Local, Surrey, Surrey Tree Lighting Festival
- Canada Day events for 2018
- Surrey Light Rail project a terrible idea
- Relive the classics with the Vancouver Retro Gaming Expo this weekend
- Game-themed restaurant and bar EXP to close at end of June
- Celebrate Latin American culture with the tenth year of Carnaval del Sol
Leave a Reply
You may leave a comment to this article. Comments will be removed if they are deemed inappropriate, offensive, or abusive as per the comment policy.