Kick off 2018 with Japanese pop culture, comics, gaming and horror by attending a convention this year in British Columbia. While there’s plenty of events in and around Metro Vancouver, the rest of the province still has a few places for fans to band together for fun on the island and interior.
For more information, lists of guests and to register, visit the links below to use each event’s web site.
- Tsukino-Con – February 10th – 12th, 2018 at the University of Victoria in Victoria, BC
Tsukino-Con celebrates everything anime and manga related for fans on Vancouver Island in a fun and friendly environment.
- AniRevo Winter – February 11th – 12th, 2018 at the LaSalle College of Vancouver in Vancouver, BC
AniRevo Winter is a two-day event to bridge the year-long wait until their summer convention, filled with guests, artists, vendors and more.
- Harumatsuri – March 17th, 2018 at the Nikkei National Museum and Cultural Centre in Burnaby, BC
Anime Evolution is holding a one-day event at the Nikkei National Museum and Cultural Centre in the format of a traditional Japanese festival, the matsuri.
- Kelowna Fan Experience – March 23rd – 25th, 2018 at the Kelowna Community Theatre in Kelowna, BC
There’s something for everyone at the Kelowna Fan Xpo who are into anime, manga, comics, sci-fi, movies, gaming and horror.
- AniRevo Summer – August 3rd – 5th, 2018 at the Vancouver Convention Centre in Vancouver, BC
AniRevo his quickly expanded to become Metro Vancouver’s largest Japanese pop culture festival with guests from North America and Asia, vendors, panels and more.
- Vancouver Halloween Parade and Expo – September 28th – 30th, 2018 at Robson Square in Vancouver, BC
Don your favourite outfit and join the “world’s largest cosplay stage” as you parade through Vancouver’s downtown core! There’s more than just a parade with guests, panels, and musical performances.
Tags2018, AniRevo, British Columbia, Burnaby, Conventions, Harumatsuri, Kelowna, Kelowna Fan Experience, Tsukino-Con, Vancouver, Vancouver Halloween Parade & Expo, Victoria
- Uniqlo to release t-shirt collaboration with Weekly Shonen Jump
- Sakura Days Japan Fair 2018 Photos
- Welcome spring with Sakura Days Japan Fair 2018
- Photos from Sakura-Con 2018
- Olympic Cauldron re-lit for end of 2018 Paralympic Winter Games
Leave a Reply
You may leave a comment to this article. Comments will be removed if they are deemed inappropriate, offensive, or abusive as per the comment policy.