Hideaki Sorachi’s action-comedy manga series Gintama comes to life in a full-length feature film titled after the manga series of the same name from director Yuichi Fukuda. The film will be shown in Canada at select Cineplex locations in Japanese with English subtitles.
An alien group has overrun Japan, driving many samurai into hiding and giving up their trade. One such samurai, Gintoki Sakata, becomes a handyman, filling in wherever he’s needed to work. Another swordsman approaches Gintoki with a job, to seek out and secure the cursed sword Benizakura. If Benizakura falls into the wrong hands, the consequences for humanity become dire.
The cast of Gintama includes:
- Shun Oguri as Gintoki Sakata
- Masaki Suda as Shinpachi Shimura
- Kanna Hashimoto as Kagura
- Masaki Okada as Kotaro Katsura
- Masami Nagasawa as Tae Shimura
- Murotsuyoshi as Gengai Hiraga
- Kankuro Nakamura as Isao Kondo
- Yuya Yagira as Toshiro Hijikata
- Ryo Yoshizawa as Sogo Okita
- Ken Yasuda as Testuya Murata
- Akari Hayami as Tetsuko Murata
- Hirofumi Arai as Nizo Okada
- Jiro Sato as Henpeita Takechi
- Nanao as Matako Kijima
- Tsuyoshi Domoto as Shinsuke Takasugi
Gintama was originally released in Japanese theatres on July 14th, 2017.
Source: Azoland Pictures
Tags2018, Azoland Pictures, Canada, Cineplex, film, Gintama, Hideaki Sorachi, live action
- Detective Pikachu live-action film to hit theatres in 2019
- Stan Lee passes away at age 95
- Remembrance Day services for 2018 in Metro Vancouver
- My Hero Academia film coming to Cineplex theatres September 2018
- Live-action Bleach movie coming to Netflix Sept 14, 2018
Leave a Reply
You may leave a comment to this article. Comments will be removed if they are deemed inappropriate, offensive, or abusive as per the comment policy.