How often is it you get to hear music from an anime at a sporting event? Japanese ice skaters Miu Suzaki and Ryuichi Kihara thrilled anime fans with a song from the series Yuri!!! on Ice for their pairs performance at the 2018 Olympic Winter Games.
The song, titled Yuri on Ice, was used by the main character, Yuri Katsuki, as the song for his free-style skating in the hit 2016 anime.
It wasn’t long before social media lit up with reactions from those watching. Yuri!!! on Ice creator, Mitsurou Kubo, even responded with her approval on Instagram with a photo of the pair skating overlaid by an image of Principal Skinner from the Simpsons giving a thumbs up pose.
Don’t expect to find too many videos of Suzaki’s and Kihara’s dance online; the International Olympic Committee (IOC) is very strict over use of video taken at Olympic events.
Tags2018, anime, ice skating, Mitsurou Kubo, Miu Suzaki, Ryuichi Kihara, Winter Olympics, Yuri!!! on ICE
- Crunchyroll Anime Awards live streams on Saturday, February 16, 2019
- Dragon Ball Super: Broly surpasses $17 million USD
- Crunchyroll to host That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime party in Toronto
- Fourth season of Haikyu!! anime announced
- My Hero Academia’s Deku added to Jump Force
Leave a Reply
You may leave a comment to this article. Comments will be removed if they are deemed inappropriate, offensive, or abusive as per the comment policy.