On Thursday, February 8th, 2018, the Olympic Cauldron in Jack Poole Plaza next to the west building of the Vancouver Convention Centre will be lit in honour of the upcoming Olympic winter games.
A tweet posted by the Vancouver Convention Centre asks visitors to wear their red and white to show support for Canadian athletes when the cauldron is fired u at 5:00 pm PST.
Other Vancouver buildings will glow red for our teams including Vancouver City Hall, Queen Elizabeth Theatre and Burrard Bridge.
The 2018 games are being held in Pyeongchang, South Korea.
Tags2018, Vancouver, Vancouver Convention Centre, Winter Olympics
- VanDusen Gardens glows for Festival of Lights 2018
- Goku makes first appearance in Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade
- Stan Lee passes away at age 95
- Remembrance Day services for 2018 in Metro Vancouver
- Metro Vancouver and Transit
Leave a Reply
You may leave a comment to this article. Comments will be removed if they are deemed inappropriate, offensive, or abusive as per the comment policy.