The Olympic Cauldron in Jack Poole Plaza next to the Vancouver Convention Centre was re-lit this evening to mark the closure of the 2018 Paralympic Winter Games. This is the second time the cauldron was used, following when it was first lit on February 8th, 2018 for the opening ceremonies of the 2018 Olympic Winter Games in Pyeongchang, South Korea.
Once the torch was fired up, remarks were made by Paralympic athlete Trevor Hirschfield, Olympic athlete Evan Dunfee, Vancouver Convention Centre General Manager Craig Lehto, and MLA Ravi Kahlon thanking Canada’s Olympic and Paralympic teams for their performance, determination and passion this year.
Tags2018, Olympic Cauldron, Pictures, Vancouver, Vancouver Convention Centre
- Metro Vancouver and Transit
- My Hero Academia film coming to Cineplex theatres September 2018
- Live-action Bleach movie coming to Netflix Sept 14, 2018
- Nintendo Direct on Sept 6, 2018 for new Switch and 3DS titles
- Chrom, Dark Samus, King K. Rool, Simon Belmont and Richter Belmont join Super Smash Bros. roster
Leave a Reply
You may leave a comment to this article. Comments will be removed if they are deemed inappropriate, offensive, or abusive as per the comment policy.