While the forecast called for rain, it held off long enough on Saturday for the annual Sakura Days Japan Fair in the lush VanDusen Botanical Gardens. Though many trees have already shed their blossoms, there were a few still in bloom to celebrate this springtime tradition.
Here’s a selection of pictures taken Saturday afternoon, complete with live calligraphy, hand-made samurai armour, blacksmithing and more!
Sakura Days Japan Fair continues Sunday from 11:00 am thru 5:00 pm; so there’s still time to grab some gyoza and watch the samurai performances.
Tags2018, culture, Japan, Local, photos, Sakura Days Japan Fair, Vancouver, VanDusen Botanical Gardens
- VanDusen Gardens glows for Festival of Lights 2018
- Goku makes first appearance in Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade
- Stan Lee passes away at age 95
- Remembrance Day services for 2018 in Metro Vancouver
- Metro Vancouver and Transit
Leave a Reply
You may leave a comment to this article. Comments will be removed if they are deemed inappropriate, offensive, or abusive as per the comment policy.