This Monday, November 11th, there will be a number of ceremonies around Metro Vancouver to honour those who have served and continue to serve Canada. You can show your support through by wearing a red poppy from donation stands and veterans groups throughout the region.
For a list of events in your community, visit the Veterans Affairs Canada web site.
- Burnaby – Remembrance Day Ceremony (Nelson Avenue and Imperial Street) at 10:30 am PST
- Ladner – Remembrance Day Ceremony at Memorial Park (Garry Street and 47th Avenue) at 10:30 am PST
- New Westminster – Remembrance Day Ceremonies at The Royal Westminster Regiment Armouries (530 Queens Avenue) at 9:30 am PST
- North Delta – Remembrance Day Public Ceremony (11415 84th Avenue) at 10:30 am PST
- North Vancouver – Remembrance Day Parade from the Victoria Park Cenotaph (Lonsdale Avenue and Keith Road East) at 10:30 am PST
- Richmond – Remembrance Day Parade from Minoru Park to the City Hall Cenotaph (6911 No. 3 Road) at 10:20 am PST
- Surrey – Surrey Remembers at the Surrey Museum (17710 56A Avenue) at 9:30 am PST
- Vancouver – Service at Victory Square (Cambie Street and Hastings Street) at 10:00 am PST
- Vancouver – Remembrance Day in Chinatown (Keefer Street and Columbia Street) at 12:30 pm PST