The Vancouver Canucks triumphed over the St. Louis Blues last night at GM Place. Roberto Luongo earned his sixth shutout this season to give Vancouver their 11th home ice win.
The first period was all St. Louis as they had 18 shots on net, while Vancouver managed a measly four. The second period lit up with a goal from Alex Burrows just five minutes before the period ended giving Vancouver the lead.
In the third period, Vancouver took control and got two more goals from Mason Raymond and Henrik Sedin, cementing Vancouver’s win. Vancouver is now in fourth place in the Western Conference with 85 points.
TagsHockey, St Louis Blues, Vancouver Canucks
- Sedin twins to retire from NHL at end of 2017-18 season
- Brock Boeser out 4-6 weeks from back injury
- Travis Green to coach the Vancouver Canucks
- Desjardins released as Canucks coach
- Vancouver trades Burrows to Ottawa for Dahlen
Leave a Reply
You may leave a comment to this article. Comments will be removed if they are deemed inappropriate, offensive, or abusive as per the comment policy.