It was a perfect day for a ball game: the sun was out, barely a breeze and a lively crowd at the Friendly Confines cheering on the Chicago Cubs who blew away the San Diego Padres 11-3.
Ryan Dempster, the Cubs’ BC-born pitcher, threw his first multi-hit game, and the rookie, Bobby Scales, batted a pair of doubles along with Reed Johnson giving the Cubs the advantage.
The Cubs play against Houston on Friday at Wrigley Field.
TagsBaseball, Chicago Cubs, San Diego Padres, Wrigley Field
- Ryan Dempster heads to the Rangers
- Ryan Dempster to stay with the Cubs
- Dempster to open for the Cubs
- Zambrano back in Cubs rotation
- Lou Piniella retiring after this season
Leave a Reply
You may leave a comment to this article. Comments will be removed if they are deemed inappropriate, offensive, or abusive as per the comment policy.