TransLink released new images of what the next batch of SkyTrain cars will look like. These cars are almost similar to the Mark II series already in service with some noticeable details. The new Mark II 1300 and 1400 series will feature electronic destination signs over the front windows, rearranged seating to allow more wheelchairs, strollers and bikes, additional stanchions for standing passengers, upgraded anti-slip flooring, security cameras and electronic route maps. In addition, a newer paint scheme, instead of the blank white cars with blue and yellow decals, will be applied to make the cars stand out.
The new cars will be in service the time the 2010 Winter Olympics roll around, however, expect to see a few of them in the coming months.
TagsMark II, rapid transit, SkyTrain, Trains, TransLink
- TransLink fares set to increase on July 1, 2019
- Metro Vancouver and Transit
- Surrey Light Rail project a terrible idea
- TransLink fares going up on July 1, 2018
- Granville Station elevator repairs takes part of station out of service for 2 years
Leave a Reply
You may leave a comment to this article. Comments will be removed if they are deemed inappropriate, offensive, or abusive as per the comment policy.