Got a question? 3-1-1!

× This article was published on June 18, 2009 and may contain information that has since changed or become out-of-date.
Please be mindful when reading, commenting on, or sharing this article.

The City of Vancouver has a new number you can call if you have a question about city services or for non-emergencies. You can now dial 3-1-1 to get in touch with a city representative who can help you out on most topics and handle instances that do not require immediate police or fire intervention.

3-1-1 is already in use in other cities, like Chicago, where citizens can call about residential services, municipal policies and even report less than pleasant cab drivers. This new number should make it easier for residents in Vancouver to get their questions answered.

Did you find a typographical or factual error in this article? Please let us know!