On this day, 125 years ago in 1886, Vancouver was incorporated as a city on the south shore of Burrard Inlet. Since then, the fledgling community boomed into a cosmopolitan crossroads with people from all over the world.
Vancouver has welcomed the world twice: Expo 86 and the 2010 Winter Olympics. Millions of people come through each year to experience the beauty, the food and culture.
Come join the celebrations in Jack Poole Plaza west of the Vancouver Convention Centre. There will be music, ball hockey, food, artwork, cake and a relighting of the Olympic Cauldron.
Tags1886, 2011, birthdays, Expo 86, Local, Vancouver, Winter Olympics
- BC Ferries wants your feedback for new ships for Metro Vancouver-Vancouver Island routes
- Welcome spring with Sakura Days Japan Fair 2019
- British Columbia conventions for 2019
- VanDusen Gardens glows for Festival of Lights 2018
- Remembrance Day services for 2018 in Metro Vancouver
Leave a Reply
You may leave a comment to this article. Comments will be removed if they are deemed inappropriate, offensive, or abusive as per the comment policy.