If you haven’t already heard, Toonami is making its long awaited return on Cartoon Network beginning Saturday, May 26th, 2012. There had been plenty of feedback from fans pining Toonami’s departure when the programming block went off air in 2008.
According to the Anime News Network, Cartoon Network’s new vice president, Jason DeMarco, confirmed the line-up of shows for Toonami (which actually start on the morning of Sunday, May 27th, 2012).
- 12:00 am – Bleach
- 12:30 am – Deadman Wonderland
- 1:00 am – Casshern Sins
- 1:30 am – Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
- 2:00 am – Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2nd GIG
- 2:30 am – Cowboy Bebop
DeMarco went on further to say Toonami will not be broadcasting certain series such as Naruto and Dragon Ball Z due to financial limitations and competition from other stations and media companies.
Toonami is also looking to acquire the broadcasting rights for other popular series like One Piece, Gundam Wing, Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt, Fairy Tail, and InuYasha: The Final Act.
Cartoon Network will be examining the ratings to see if Toonami will be a success – a lack of viewers will hamper the programming block’s ability to obtain new shows.
Source: Anime News Network
TagsAdult Swim, anime, Bleach, Cartoon Network, Casshern Sins, Cowboy Bebop, Deadman Wonderland, Dragon Ball Z, Fairy Tail, Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2nd GIG, Gundam Wing, Inuyasha The Final Act, Naruto, One Piece, Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt, Television, Toonami
- New trailer for Digimon Adventure movie released, has Spring 2020 launch
- New My Hero Academia movie to screen in Japan December 2019
- Fourth season of Attack on Titan anime to be final in 2020
- Adidas working on Naruto sneaker collaboration
- VIFF to host first ever Anime Day
Leave a Reply
You may leave a comment to this article. Comments will be removed if they are deemed inappropriate, offensive, or abusive as per the comment policy.