Even though the Tokyo 2020 Summer Olympics are three years away, get ready to see more the sporting event’s ambassadors as they showcase the host city’s facilities and attractions. These ambassadors might look familiar — they’re popular anime characters!
The cast of characters include:
- Sailor Moon from Sailor Moon
- Monkey D. Luffy from One Piece
- Naruto Uzumaki from Naruto: Shippuden
- Goku from Dragon Ball
- Asahina Mirai and Izayoi Riko from Pretty Cure
- Astro Boy from Astro Boy
- Shinnosuke Nohara from Crayon Shin-chan
- Jibanyan from Yo-kai Watch
Merchandise featuring these animated heroes is already available online through the Tokyo 2020 Official Online Shop in the form of hats and t-shirts.
READY TO MEET Tokyo 2020 AMBASSADORS? 🇯🇵😍😍😍
Posted by Olympic Channel on Thursday, January 19, 2017
Source: Olympic Channel
Tagsanime, Astro Boy, Crayon Shin-Chan, Dragon Ball, Japan, Naruto, Olympics, One Piece, Pretty Cure, Sailor Moon, Tokyo, Tokyo 2020, video, Yo-kai Watch
- Adidas to release Kakashi-themed sneaker
- New trailer for upcoming My Hero Academia film
- New promotional images and video for Live Spectacle Naruto stage show
- Death toll from Kyoto Animation fire increases to 34
- Crunchyroll shares top countries from The Rising of the Shield Hero post card promo
Leave a Reply
You may leave a comment to this article. Comments will be removed if they are deemed inappropriate, offensive, or abusive as per the comment policy.