Additional cars to increase capacity on both SkyTrain lines and the Canada Line is being accelerated according to an announcement made by TransLink CEO Kevin Desmond on Friday, February 23rd.
The first 28 cars destined for the Expo and Millennium Lines will arrive in early 2019, followed by another 28 cars toward the end of 2019. A further 24 cars are on order for the Canada Line which are expected before the end of 2020.
The original order of the cars was made in 2016 under Phase 1 of the region’s 10 year vision for transit which includes a 20% increase for rail service.
Statistics provided by TransLink show that ridership is up by 5.7 percent, reaching 407 million boardings in 2017.
LIVE: Announcement Regarding Increased Capacity on SkyTrain 🚇
Posted by TransLink on Friday, February 23, 2018
Tags2019, 2020, Canada Line, Expo Line, Metro Vancouver, Millennium Line, rapid transit, SkyTrain, TransLink
- Crunchyroll Anime Awards live streams on Saturday, February 16, 2019
- Link’s Awakening coming to Nintendo Switch this year
- Kingdom Hearts Orchestra -World of Tres- to tour world in 2019
- Dragon Ball Super: Broly surpasses $17 million USD
- British Columbia conventions for 2019
Leave a Reply
You may leave a comment to this article. Comments will be removed if they are deemed inappropriate, offensive, or abusive as per the comment policy.