Additional cars to increase capacity on both SkyTrain lines and the Canada Line is being accelerated according to an announcement made by TransLink CEO Kevin Desmond on Friday, February 23rd.
The first 28 cars destined for the Expo and Millennium Lines will arrive in early 2019, followed by another 28 cars toward the end of 2019. A further 24 cars are on order for the Canada Line which are expected before the end of 2020.
The original order of the cars was made in 2016 under Phase 1 of the region’s 10 year vision for transit which includes a 20% increase for rail service.
Statistics provided by TransLink show that ridership is up by 5.7 percent, reaching 407 million boardings in 2017.
LIVE: Announcement Regarding Increased Capacity on SkyTrain 🚇
Posted by TransLink on Friday, February 23, 2018
Tags2019, 2020, Canada Line, Expo Line, Metro Vancouver, Millennium Line, rapid transit, SkyTrain, TransLink
- Photos from Sakura Days Japan Fair 2019
- Crunchyroll to regularly share data on popular anime streams
- Second season of The Promised Neverland coming in 2020
- New My Hero Academia movie coming this winter
- BC Ferries wants your feedback for new ships for Metro Vancouver-Vancouver Island routes
Leave a Reply
You may leave a comment to this article. Comments will be removed if they are deemed inappropriate, offensive, or abusive as per the comment policy.