While the forecast called for rain, it held off long enough on Saturday for the annual Sakura Days Japan Fair in the lush VanDusen Botanical Gardens. Though many trees have already shed their blossoms, there were a few still in bloom to celebrate this springtime tradition.
Here’s a selection of pictures taken Saturday afternoon, complete with live calligraphy, hand-made samurai armour, blacksmithing and more!
Sakura Days Japan Fair continues Sunday from 11:00 am thru 5:00 pm; so there’s still time to grab some gyoza and watch the samurai performances.
Tags2018, culture, Japan, Local, photos, Sakura Days Japan Fair, Vancouver, VanDusen Botanical Gardens
- Carnaval del Sol brings Latin culture back for 2019
- BC Ferries fares to go up June 1st, 2019
- Photos from Sakura-Con 2019
- Photos from Sakura Days Japan Fair 2019
- Honda Celebration of Light 2019 dates and countries revealed
Leave a Reply
You may leave a comment to this article. Comments will be removed if they are deemed inappropriate, offensive, or abusive as per the comment policy.