While the forecast called for rain, it held off long enough on Saturday for the annual Sakura Days Japan Fair in the lush VanDusen Botanical Gardens. Though many trees have already shed their blossoms, there were a few still in bloom to celebrate this springtime tradition.
Here’s a selection of pictures taken Saturday afternoon, complete with live calligraphy, hand-made samurai armour, blacksmithing and more!
Sakura Days Japan Fair continues Sunday from 11:00 am thru 5:00 pm; so there’s still time to grab some gyoza and watch the samurai performances.
Tags2018, culture, Japan, Local, photos, Sakura Days Japan Fair, Vancouver, VanDusen Botanical Gardens
- Metro Vancouver and Transit
- My Hero Academia film coming to Cineplex theatres September 2018
- Live-action Bleach movie coming to Netflix Sept 14, 2018
- Nintendo Direct on Sept 6, 2018 for new Switch and 3DS titles
- Chrom, Dark Samus, King K. Rool, Simon Belmont and Richter Belmont join Super Smash Bros. roster
Leave a Reply
You may leave a comment to this article. Comments will be removed if they are deemed inappropriate, offensive, or abusive as per the comment policy.