While the forecast called for rain, it held off long enough on Saturday for the annual Sakura Days Japan Fair in the lush VanDusen Botanical Gardens. Though many trees have already shed their blossoms, there were a few still in bloom to celebrate this springtime tradition.
Here’s a selection of pictures taken Saturday afternoon, complete with live calligraphy, hand-made samurai armour, blacksmithing and more!
Sakura Days Japan Fair continues Sunday from 11:00 am thru 5:00 pm; so there’s still time to grab some gyoza and watch the samurai performances.
Tags2018, culture, Japan, Local, photos, Sakura Days Japan Fair, Vancouver, VanDusen Botanical Gardens
- Kingdom Hearts Orchestra -World of Tres- to tour world in 2019
- British Columbia conventions for 2019
- My Hero Academia season 4 to air October 2019
- VanDusen Gardens glows for Festival of Lights 2018
- Goku makes first appearance in Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade
Leave a Reply
You may leave a comment to this article. Comments will be removed if they are deemed inappropriate, offensive, or abusive as per the comment policy.