This July 1st, the streets of downtown Vancouver won’t be filled with floats or lined with crowds waving miniature red and white maple leaf flags as the Canada Day parade is cancelled going forward.
Citing rising costs, the Vancouver Fraser Port Authority, which hosts the parade, made the decision to cancel the procession instead choosing to focus on the events at Canada Place and the Vancouver Convention Centre.
The Vancouver Fraser Port Authority has run the parade since its start in 2009.
Source: Canada Place
Tags2018, Canada Day, Local, News, Parade, Vancouver
- Metro Vancouver and Transit
- My Hero Academia film coming to Cineplex theatres September 2018
- Live-action Bleach movie coming to Netflix Sept 14, 2018
- Nintendo Direct on Sept 6, 2018 for new Switch and 3DS titles
- Chrom, Dark Samus, King K. Rool, Simon Belmont and Richter Belmont join Super Smash Bros. roster
Leave a Reply
You may leave a comment to this article. Comments will be removed if they are deemed inappropriate, offensive, or abusive as per the comment policy.