Over the last few years, a number of titles in The Legend of Zelda series have undergone updates and re-released on newer systems: The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D, The Legend of Zelda: Majora’s Mask 3D, and The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD, for example. Now, the Game Boy classic, The Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening comes to the Nintendo Switch in 2019.
Unveiled during today’s Nintendo Direct event, the Japanese gaming company is overhauling the graphics from this top-down game, giving it more depth and colour (more so than the DX version for the Game Boy Color).
Shipwrecked on the mysterious Koholint Island, Link must recover the missing musical instruments, help the residents of this paradise and awaken the legendary Wind Fish in his quest to return home.
The Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening is expected to launch this year; a specific date was not provided.
Tags2019, Gaming, Nintendo, Nintendo Direct, Nintendo Switch, The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening, video game, YouTube
- Nintendo announces new Smash Bros. DLC, Animal Crossing, and other titles for E3 2019
- Sequel to Breath of the Wild announced at E3 2019
- Uniqlo releases for manga themed t-shirts just in time for Summer
- Final Fantasy VII Remake to launch March 3, 2020
- Kingdom Hearts III DLC to come in Winter 2019
Leave a Reply
You may leave a comment to this article. Comments will be removed if they are deemed inappropriate, offensive, or abusive as per the comment policy.