Grey clouds and periods of rain presided over the opening day of the annual Sakura Days Japan Fair in the VanDusen Botanical Gardens, but that didn’t stop festivities.
Though many trees had already shed their blossoms, there were a few still in bloom to celebrate this springtime tradition next to an assortment of Japanese food stalls, live entertainment including musical guests from Japan and booths selling traditional clothing and trinkets.
Couldn’t make it out or did the rain hold you back? View the rest of photos on Gallery.
Tags2019, culture, Japan, Local, photos, Pictures, Sakura Days Japan Fair, Vancouver, VanDusen Botanical Gardens
- UBC Apple Festival returns October 19-20, 2019
- Crunchyroll shares streaming data for August, September 2019
- Crunchyroll to stream NARUTO to BORUTO THE LIVE 2019 on October 9, 2019
- Uniqlo to launch Dragon Ball t-shirt line November 2019
- A drive through the French Quarter of New Orleans
Leave a Reply
You may leave a comment to this article. Comments will be removed if they are deemed inappropriate, offensive, or abusive as per the comment policy.