Grey clouds and periods of rain presided over the opening day of the annual Sakura Days Japan Fair in the VanDusen Botanical Gardens, but that didn’t stop festivities.
Though many trees had already shed their blossoms, there were a few still in bloom to celebrate this springtime tradition next to an assortment of Japanese food stalls, live entertainment including musical guests from Japan and booths selling traditional clothing and trinkets.
Couldn’t make it out or did the rain hold you back? View the rest of photos on Gallery.
Tags2019, culture, Japan, Local, photos, Pictures, Sakura Days Japan Fair, Vancouver, VanDusen Botanical Gardens
- Uniqlo releases for manga themed t-shirts just in time for Summer
- Carnaval del Sol brings Latin culture back for 2019
- Dr. STONE comes to Crunchyroll in July 2019
- My Hero Academia volume 19
- TransLink fares set to increase on July 1, 2019
Leave a Reply
You may leave a comment to this article. Comments will be removed if they are deemed inappropriate, offensive, or abusive as per the comment policy.