The cost of taking BC Ferries is about to go up thanks to a new 1.5% fuel surcharge starting June 1st, 2019.
On routes between Metro Vancouver and Vancouver Island, this is an additional 25 cents for an adult passenger and 85 cents for a vehicle. For the smaller inter-island routes, this is 15 cents for adult passengers and 45 cents for a vehicle.
BC Ferries uses fuel surcharges/rebates to offset the fluctuations in the price of fuel. Rebates are given at time of ticket purchase when the cost of fuel is low, while surcharges are added when the prices are high.
Sources: BC Ferries
Tags2019, BC Ferries, fares, Local
- Uniqlo releases for manga themed t-shirts just in time for Summer
- Carnaval del Sol brings Latin culture back for 2019
- Dr. STONE comes to Crunchyroll in July 2019
- My Hero Academia volume 19
- TransLink fares set to increase on July 1, 2019
Leave a Reply
You may leave a comment to this article. Comments will be removed if they are deemed inappropriate, offensive, or abusive as per the comment policy.