Nintendo held their live-streaming Nintendo Direct presentation this morning at 9:00 am PDT as this year’s E3 kicked off. The event included plenty of announcements and surprises for new and existing titles on the Nintendo Switch.
Two new fighters were revealed for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate: Hero from Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age and much requested Banjo and Kazooie from the Banjo and Kazooie franchise. Hero becomes available in the summer, with Banjo and Kazooie in the fall of 2019.
Luigi and his friends take a much needed vacation at a fancy hotel, but this hotel caters to a specific type of ghastly guest. Infested with ghosts, Luigi dusts of his trusty Poltergust in search of his friends and to rid the resort of its renegade creatures in Luigi’s Mansion 3. This title will be available later in 2019.
More visuals for the remastered The Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening were unveiled, including the ability to create custom dungeons to explore and acquire new items from. The Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening is available on September 20th, 2019.
While Animal Crossing: New Horizons won’t be available until March 20th, 2020, the preview was enough to turn everything about the series upside down. Taking place on a deserted island, the player must build themselves up from nothing and take advantage of the services the crafty Tom Nook provides (and charges for). Players can now place items outside, build paths, create tools, and more.
No new information was released regarding Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield, as there was a Pokémon Direct video held last week. The Pokéball Plus accessory is compatible, however it won’t function as a controller, but can hold a Pokémon when travelling, or going on a walk.
At the very end, a brief clip revealed a follow up to The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild is in the works.
Other titles and franchises mentioned during the live-stream include:
- ASTRAL CHAIN – August 30, 2019
- Cadence of Hyrule~ Crypt of the NecroDancer Featuring The Legend of Zelda~ – June 13, 2019
- DAEMON X MACHINA
- Dragon Quest Builders 2 – July 12, 2019
- DRAGON QUEST XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age – Definitive Edition – September 27, 2019
- Fire Emblem: Three Houses – July 26, 2019
- MARVEL ULTIMATE ALLIANCE 3: The Black Order – July 19, 2019
- Super Mario Maker 2 – June 28, 2019
- Alien: Isolation – TBA 2019
- CONTRA ROGUE CORPS – September 24, 2019
- Dauntless – Late 2019
- Dead By Daylight – September 24, 2019
- Empire of Sin – Spring 2020
- Hollow Knight: Silksong – TBA
- Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 – November 2019
- New Super Lucky’s Tale – Fall 2019
- Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch – September 20, 2019
- No More Heroes 3 – TBA 2020
- Panzer Dragoon: Remake – Winter 2019
- Resident Evil 5 – Fall 2019
- Resident Evil 6 – Fall 2019
- Spyro Reignited Trilogy
- The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance Tactics – TBA 2019
- The Elder Scrolls: Blades – Fall 2019
- The Sinking City – Fall 2019
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt — Complete Edition – TBA 2019
- TRIALS OF MANA – Early 2020
- Wolfenstein: Youngblood – July 26, 2019
If you missed the event this morning, you can watch it below.
TagsE3 2019, Gaming, Nintendo, Nintendo Direct, video games
- Sequel to Breath of the Wild announced at E3 2019
- Final Fantasy VII Remake to launch March 3, 2020
- Kingdom Hearts III DLC to come in Winter 2019
- Crunchyroll brings free anime to Twitch Prime members
- New trailer for Final Fantasy VII Remake unveiled
Leave a Reply
You may leave a comment to this article. Comments will be removed if they are deemed inappropriate, offensive, or abusive as per the comment policy.