The Electronic Entertainment Expo, E3, is back but in an all-digital format unlike previous years where the multi-day showcase packed exhibitors and attendees into the halls of the Los Angeles Convention Center.
Scheduled Saturday, June 12th through Tuesday, June 15th, 2021, E3 will host developers, distributors and other industry members in the field of video games. In years past, giants like Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft would open the expo with presentations extolling their latest projects in front of thousands of media and fans, giving a taste of what to expect in the coming months. Smaller companies would setup booths during the three-day show allowing people to get hands-on experience with new hardware and software.
While 2021 has handed new challenges to the convention experience, E3 has shared the schedule for keynote presentations and demonstrations spread over its four days. Notably absent from this year are Sony and Electronic Arts.
Saturday, June 12th
- 10:00 am PDT / 1:00 pm EDT: E3 pre-show
- 11:00 am PDT / 2:00 pm EDT: Ubisoft Forward Pre-show
- 12:00 pm PDT / 3:00 pm EDT: Ubisoft Forward
- 2:00 pm PDT / 5:00 pm EDT: Gearbox E3 Showcase
- 2:45 pm PDT / 5:45 pm EDT: GamesBeat Session
Sunday, June 13th
- 8:45 am PDT / 11:45 am EDT: E3 pre-show
- 9:30 am PDT / 12:30 pm EDT: 24 Entertainment’s NARAKA: BLADEPOINT
- 10:00 am PDT / 1:00 pm EDT: presentations from Microsoft and Bethesda Games
- 12:15 pm PDT / 3:15 pm EDT: Square Enix Presents
- 2:00 pm PDT / 5:00 pm EDT: Warner Bros. Games’ Back 4 Blood
- 2:30 pm PDT / 5:30 pm EDT: PC Gaming Show
- 4:00 pm PDT / 7:00 pm EDT: Future Games Show
Monday, June 14th
- 8:00 am PDT/11:00 am EDT: E3 pre-show
- 9:00 am PDT / 12:00 pm EDT: Verizon
- 9:45 am PDT / 12:45 pm EDT: Intellivision
- 10:15 am PDT / 1:15 pm EDT: Take-Two Interactive Panel
- 11:10 am PDT / 2:10 pm EDT: Mythical Games
- 12:00 pm PDT / 3:00 pm EDT: Indie Showcase
- 12:30 pm PDT / 3:30 pm EDT: Freedom Games
- 1:00 pm PDT / 4:00 pm EDT: VENN’s Origin Stories with Hector Rodriguez
- 2:30 pm PDT / 5:30 pm EDT: Capcom
- 3:00 pm PDT / 6:00 pm EDT: Razer
Tuesday, June 15th
- 8:00 am PDT / 11:00 am EDT: E3 pre-show
- 9:00 am PDT / 12:00 pm EDT: presentations from Nintendo and Nintendo Treehouse
- 2:25 pm PDT / 5:25 pm EDT: BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment Inc.
- 3:20 pm PDT / 6:20 pm EDT: Yooreka Studio
- 3:35 pm PDT / 6:35 pm EDT: GameSpot Play For All Showcase
- 4:45 pm PDT / 7:45 pm EDT: Official E3 2021 Awards Show
This year, the general public can register to attend as fans for free, getting a chance to experience E3 without having to travel to Los Angeles. Registration includes access to online lounges, exclusive content, message boards and other features.
Did you find a typographical or factual error in this article? Please let us know!