Welcome to Nephrus (previously stylized as nephrus.net)! Please take some time in reading over the terms of this web site, and policies. This document is an agreement (herein referred to as the “Agreement”) between you (herein referred as “You”, “Your”, “Yourself”, and the “User”), Nephrus (herein referred to as the “Web Site”), and its owner, Frederick Linsmeyer (herein referred to as “we”, “us”, “Web Site Owner”, and “Owner”). Before using the Web Site, it is requested that you become familiar with services that are offered as well as the limitations and liabilities incurred. The Web Site includes any related sub-site or sub-domain hosted on the http://www.nephrus.net/ domain unless otherwise noted. The Web Site is owned and maintained by the Web Site Owner for entertainment, critical and informative purposes and is not intended to represent, impersonate, or infringe on the rights of any person, entity, industry, company, trust, group, corporation or organization. The Web Site is hosted and operated in Canada and operates under Canadian law.
- The Agreement
- Terms and Conditions
- Comment Policy
- Rights granted by you to the Web Site
- Copyright Policy
- Reproduction Policy
1. The Agreement
By visiting the Web Site, you have agreed to and are bound by this Agreement. If you do not agree with or refuse to comply with this Agreement or any accompanying documentation, you must stop using the Web Site and any of its related services immediately. This Agreement can be changed at any time, with or without formal notice from the Web Site Owner.
2. Terms and Conditions
All content, services and other resources are provided “AS IS” and comes without warranty of any kind either express or implied. The Web Site Owner does its best in making sure all content, services and other resources are available all the time. It is not possible to predict all possible technical difficulties or outages, which may include loss of data, system failures and interruptions. The Web Site Owner reserves the right to modify or remove, either temporarily or permanently, any content, service or resource with or without any given notice. You agree not to hold the Web Site Owner liable for any modification or removal of content, services or resources. You agree to not use the Web Site for any illegal activities which include and are not limited to: transmitting abusive, harmful, threatening, obscene or hateful content, protected works (e.g. trademarked or copyrighted) without consent, interfering with the operations of the Web Site or any other Internet web site or computer infrastructure. This includes any municipal, provincial, state, territorial and federal law where you access the Web Site from.
The Web Site does collect and store your information, including your name, e-mail address, and IP address when registering on the Web Site or submitting questions through the e-mail contact form. This is for your own experience when visiting the Web Site, to help the Web Site’s Owner respond to your questions and to give credit for submitted work. Names, URLs and e-mail addresses may be posted to establish acknowledgement and ownership. Names, URLs and e-mail addresses will be left unmodified unless otherwise noted or requested by the original content owner. Any additional personal information that is submitted either willingly or inadvertently to the Web Site will not be used by the Web Site Owner.
If you do not register on the Web Site and are just browsing, we collect your IP address, location and browser software for statistical reporting. This data is used to compile reports on who visits the Web Site, when the Web Site was visited, time spent on the Web Site, how the Web Site was found and which country or territory the user is visiting from.
Data submitted to the Web Site can be stored indefinitely and across multiple platforms, including back-ups for data recovery and retention. While the Web Site Owner takes every reasonable precaution to safeguard this data, it is impossible to foresee any attack or threat which may compromise this data.
The cookie files used by the Web Site do not contain any information that could personally identify you, such as your name or street address. These cookies retain your log-in information (excluding password), and personal settings (including Web Site layout styles, and notification options). These cookies typically remain on your computer from one day to two weeks.
Some third party providers we use include:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/privacy/explanation
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/en/privacy
- YouTube: https://policies.google.com/privacy
- Instagram: https://help.instagram.com/155833707900388
This is not a comprehensive list as individual providers may be used on a limited basis depending on content provided.
If you register an account on the Web Site, personal information that you provide is stored in your user profile. You can view, edit, or delete your own personal information at any time (excluding changing of your username). The Web Site administrators can also view and edit this information. Should you determine that you no longer need an account on the Web Site, you may delete your account. However not all data is deleted, including comments and data relating to administrative, legal, or security purposes.
4. Comment Policy
The Web Site Owner welcomes feedback and input on posted articles as it helps share more information with the online community. By submitting your comment, you are confirming that the content does not violate any policies set forth and is not offensive, abusive, threatening or otherwise illegal. Comments can be used by the Web Site to promote or advertise services offered. E-mail addresses will not be distributed, disclosed or otherwise sold to external parties. Any personal information submitted in your comment is done so at your own risk and the Web Site Owner is not responsible for the safety or validity of this information. All submitted comments do not reflect the opinions of the Web Site Owner unless otherwise stated. Not all comments will be approved for posting or appear on the Web Site. The Web Site Owner retains the right to enable, modify or disable commenting on any article at any time for any reason.
5. Rights granted by you to the Web Site
- By submitting content (which includes but is not limited to: e-mails or letters, artwork, stories, poetry, lyrics, essays, forum posts, reviews or ratings, videos or video clips, screen shots, photographs, and raw data), you are letting the Web Site Owner distribute, reproduce and display these online via the Web Site. You agree that all submitted content is original and of your own creation. Content may be re-sized or adjusted to fit the format of the Web Site. The Web Site Owner does its best to keep all original content the way it has been intended and will not make any significant modifications without prior arrangement.
- Other Web Site staff will have access to the submitted content and be able to make adjustments for the content to fit the format of the Web Site.
- The Web Site Owner reserves the right to disclose any and all personal information to government and law enforcement agencies to uphold and satisfy any local, regional, district, state, provincial or federal laws and regulations.
- By registering or posting on the Web Site, you will not:
- Threaten, harass, or violate any legal rights of another user.
- Submit or publish content, files or other data that does not belong to you without appropriate permission first.
- Submit or publish content, files or other data that will restrict or limit the use of the Web Site or cause damage to another user’s computer or account.
- Advertise or sell any commercial product for profit or gain.
- Alter or falsify content, posts, comments, files, or other data that does not belong to you or is a notice formally issued by the Web Site Owner, hosting company or legal entity.
- Sell, divulge or distribute your username and/or password.
- The Web Site Owner reserves the right to terminate your access to and/or account on the Web Site with or without notification for any reason whatsoever.
- You can request a copy of your data that is held by the Web Site. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
6. Copyright Policy
All content on the Web Site, but not limited to the design, text, graphics, photographs, music, video, downloads and other related media are copyright 2004 – 2018 Frederick Linsmeyer, all rights reserved, unless otherwise noted. All logos and respective slogans are used to promote their services or as an information aid. These logos, slogans and media, which are not limited to text, graphics, photographs, music, video or other content, are posted under the consideration of fair use and are not altered to deface or infringe upon the rights of their owners. These logos, slogans and media do not constitute as endorsement from their respective owners and the Web Site Owner receives no financial gain, endorsement, acknowledgement or support from their owners.
7. Reproduction Policy
Original content can be reproduced within limited quantities without written consent from the Web Site Owner. Limited quantities is consistent text from any published article, not including any element that is related to the Web Site design or structure. Consistent text can be used as quotations or a reference point in any new published documents or articles. Original content, categories and archives cannot be reproduced in their entirety. Photographs may be reproduced as long as any watermark, logo or accompanying text is left unaltered or unobstructed, regardless if it is from the Web Site or otherwise. Use of photographs on other web sites and pages is permitted, provided that the image file is not directly linked to and that the any watermark and/or logo is left unaltered or unobstructed. Photograph albums cannot be reproduced in their entirety, and reproduction in any publication format is limited to two images in total without written consent from the Web Site’s Owner. Photographs of persons in costume (commonly known as cosplay) cannot be reused without the photographed person’s explicit permission. Violators will be punished to the fullest extent of the law.
Please note that this document can be updated with or without notice at any time deemed appropriate by the Web Site Owner. It is recommended that you check back regularly to ensure that you are kept up to date with the Agreement. This document was last revised on Sunday, May 27th, 2018.
The Web Site has not been inspected by the Canadian Food Inspection Agency and is not recommended for human consumption. If the Web Site has been ingested, do not induce vomiting; contact a poison control centre immediately.
Nephrus is a privately owned and operated web site located in Canada and its owner ultimately decides over content that is considered objectionable and reserves the right to post or remove said content unless otherwise noted. The owner reserves the right to forward any content deemed illegal to the relevant authorities. Questions or concerns regarding these policies should be directed to the owner, however, not all suggestions or ideas are considered or implemented. Solicitations are not guaranteed a response.