A live-action adaptation of the popular anime and manga series Fullmetal Alchemist is coming next year. The official movie web site unveiled a short teaser of the film with a tentative release in 2017.
The teaser video gives a tantalizing look into a world based on alchemy — where items are transmuted into something new using arcane drawings on them or under them. Two brothers, struggling to find a way to heal each other from an alchemy experiment gone wrong, embark on an adventure to save not only themselves, but their friends and homeland. Edward Elric makes a couple of short appearances in the video, along with his armour clad brother, Alphonse. The country of Amestris appears to modelled on a rustic European landscape, complete with an impressive steam locomotive. Even a chimera makes a vicious attack on the state alchemist Edward.
Directed by Fumihiko Sori, and produced with Warner Bros. Pictures, the known cast for Fullmetal Alchemist includes:
- Ryosuke Yamada as Edward Elric
- Tsubasa Honda as Winry Rockbell
- Dean Fujioka as Colonel Roy Mustang
- Ryuta Sato as Lieutenant Colonel Maes Hughes
- Misako Renbutsu as Lieutenant Riza Hawkeye
- Natsuki Harada as Gracia Hughes
- Yo Oizumi as Shou Tucker
- Jun Kunimura as Dr. Marco
- Kohinata Fumiyo as General Hakuro
- Yasuko Matsuyuki as Lust
- Kanata Hongo as Envy
- Shinji Uchiyama as Gluttony
- Kenjiro Ishimaru as Father Cornello